Saturday 22 February 2014

A goal

I turn 30 this year. I'm not worried about getting older, I'm the odd one who is really excited by it, but having spent all of my 20s raising a child with special needs there's not much to mark off as solely mine. I haven't flourished in my career nor had chance to travel. My time has been sucked into raising him leaving little time to do anything else. This isn't a complaint merely a fact that comes with having such a demanding child. Plans are rarely made simply because I cannot do everything. I need to make a change. So, for the first of this years challenges I intend to knit every pattern in a newly purchased sock book! 


Ok, I admit, as far as 'things to do before you're 30' goals go it's pretty tame yet achievable and it's something I enjoy. Isn't that the whole point of it? 

I have a few more things on my list to tick off as the year unfolds. All, in different ways, important to me. I'm not after that adrenaline rush just a few things to say 'I did that' and erase the overriding sadness that sometimes creeps up that I'm hardly living my life. Merely existing. 

So here goes. 

Sock number 1 of 60! 



1 comment:

  1. I turn 35 this year and my list of things I still haven't gotten around to doing pretty much covers what you already know how to do - write a blog, make a quilt, learn to make jam, learn to knit, repurpose my clothes. So in some things, you are way ahead of the game :-)

    ReplyDelete